Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #11
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts
Default Re: Hosepower on monday?

This is no different than letting the GM fast burn motor run in the new Camaro's at 275 hp. Oh by the way it's rated at 385hp for crate motor purposes in IHRA. Whats being done to stock will eventually kill the class. If you remember the reason for the creation of the fuel injected classes was the failure of NHRA to properly factor the fuel injected motors. I can remember having to run the LS1's in F/SA when they were rated at 305 hp. and my old motor was 315. They are now 369 unless you have a Corvette or GTO in which case they are 340.

For all of us who have spent years and years and thousands of dollars working on their combinations it's a slap in the face. If NHRA really cared about it's members they would handle these new cars in a fair and equitable manner. Oh I forgot, they don't have members just sheep who blindly follow along because we are addicted to what we do. I have just finished a new car for my son Andrew and spent north of $35,000 rolling on it. It is a D/SA 70 Z28 Camaro and he is very proud of it. This is probably a 9 tenths under car [ new indexes ]. He would get out run by one of the new 5.7 hemi's by at least a half a second.

Jeff Teuton is a good friend of mine and he has a great looking car, but it should not be in stock eliminator, they only made 3 with that motor. If NHRA is going to allow these cars like the Challenger and new Mustang to race in Stock they should be in their own classes For those of you who think the horse power factoring will take care of these cars, yeah right, in about 15 years. This is discouraging to say the least.

Last edited by Greg Hill; 03-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Greg Hill is offline   Reply With Quote