HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #11
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Paul- Since the last time I was on here, Paul came up with a possibility of his father owning my car back in the 80's. I have not seen a picture of that car yet,but he mentions that it had the regular Dart quarter panel openings. I double checked on my car, & looked at every possible area in which they would have been replaced or repaired. I now know 100% that these are the original quarter panels that this car was manufactured with when new & Hurst modified in 68. Paul, I would still like to see some pix of that car tho,if you wouldn't mind.

M68- Quote- "I remember years ago seeing an actual photograph taken by a former friend at Raceway Park (circa 1975) of a brown (candy apple red?) 1968 Dodge Dart that ran in D/Gas with Costello Bros. on the doors.Is this the same guy"
Yes this is the same car that Ralph Costello owned, formally campaigned as the auto Castaldo car.
The Wildfire car was a possibility for me about a year ago,but as Mark J. has stated,this car is in OH. Great pictures!!! I haven't seen some of them before.

Matt- Welcome to this forum!!! I am not exactly a regular either,but,sure am glad I posted this thread here.The amazing info that is coming out of it is great!!! Hopefully I can find the origin to this unknown soldier.Thankyou for the info on that Magazine article,but, I do have several copies of it already.It was done shortly after Tim Hennessey restored this car back in the 80's. I am honored that you want to build a replica of it in 1/25th scale, & I will help you out in whatever way I can. PM me with your email address & we'll see what I can help you with. Maybe,you can help me out with the Model Car forums you belong to, by asking some of these race car historians about this cars origin .

Mark J-- Good to hear from you again my friend. Glad to see your back in the hunt for this thing.If it weren't for your persistance & knowledge, it sure would make this an unsermountable task.( As if it wasn't hard enuff already). The Landy car was a breeze compared to this thing !!!! Keep it up

Liteweight
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote