HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sean Kennedy
Default Question to Ford, CJ Owners and supporters

This is a serious question, not wanting to jest with someone saying I'm a 'CJ' hater or a Ford hater.

I don't want to get involved in the 'is it underrated or isn't it' bitch fest. That's a waste of time, seriously debating the question is asinine at best. The car is obviously padded big time thanks to the big checks the Ford now sends the NHRA.

What I would like an answer to is... What is Ford, and what are the racers getting out of this?

I could completely understand if you actually built a better mousetrap, you would have every right to feel triumphat.

But seriously, just buying a car that literally makes all others obsolete, simply because of a bogus HP rating..... how is that enjoyable?

Would you go to a water fight with a nuclear weapon?

Do you really think you have earned or deserve the performance, wins and records that the CJ now has? Do you think they are warranted?

Do you enjoy wiping out the competition with the single signing of a check? How do you feel when you look at you trophy?

I'm sure there will be lots of drama and flaming, but I'll be skipping over that looking for an honest answer.
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Question to Ford, CJ Owners and supporters

I would also like to extend this question to anyone running a Challenger in E or F.

Last edited by Sean Kennedy; 09-11-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
JSLRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think this is a loaded question.

If I had the money.. for sure I would buy one. If you can't afford one.. sorry about you luck. If it means they can win and it's legal under the current rules.. I don't see any problem with it.

To ask if it is fun.. being at the top of the qualifying chart would definitely be fun.. having my picture all over the net.. that's fun too. Being in National Dragster would also be fun.

They aren't cheating.. it's perfectly legal. They just happen to have more money than the rest of us..

These cars are expensive.. to say it isn't fair that people with money qualified better.. is sad.

It's almost like the welfare entitlement many feel.. that everyone should be equal and have equal benefits. People complain that they shouldn't have to work for what they get.. it should be given to them.

Life isn't fair. life is what you make of it.. same with racing. There is no entitlement in racing either.
JSLRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLRacing View Post
I think this is a loaded question.

If I had the money.. for sure I would buy one. If you can't afford one.. sorry about you luck. If it means they can win and it's legal under the current rules.. I don't see any problem with it.

To ask if it is fun.. being at the top of the qualifying chart would definitely be fun.. having my picture all over the net.. that's fun too. Being in National Dragster would also be fun.

They aren't cheating.. it's perfectly legal. They just happen to have more money than the rest of us..

These cars are expensive.. to say it isn't fair that people with money qualified better.. is sad.

It's almost like the welfare entitlement many feel.. that everyone should be equal and have equal benefits. People complain that they shouldn't have to work for what they get.. it should be given to them.

Life isn't fair. life is what you make of it.. same with racing. There is no entitlement in racing either.
I'm not complaining about not having them.

You are completely missing the point. Which is that every single one of these vicotires has an asterisk next to it. I'm just trying to find out of the people driving these cars realize that.

Honestly, If I had money to just throw away.... I would buy a CJ and run it ALL OUT and factor it to hell and back.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLRacing View Post
They aren't cheating.. it's perfectly legal.
It's true: The drivers/car owners aren't cheating.

Quote:
The CJ's & DragPaks *are* the entitlement. They require money, but they haven't been flogged, let alone flogged for decades.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #6
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,458 Times in 544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kennedy View Post

Do you enjoy wiping out the competition with the single signing of a check?
Sean, how much do you think it will cost building a competitive AA, A, B or C Stocker that is not a CJ or DP?

A competitive car for the higher classes, built from scratch in today's dollars, can cost almost as much as a CJ or DP by the time you are done with building the car and doing all the R&D.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
Stewart Way

Liked 70 Times in 21 Posts

My opinion. There is NO asterisk by John Calverts win at the Winternats. Why should there be. He has done it before and he will do it again. CJ, Dragpak or the Ole Stang. The factors are wrong, but to think that people build cars for the joy of qualifying low or not at all, or that they don't pick cars with an advantage is also wrong. Granted, some advantages are larger than others. How does Voth feel pulling his Monte up beside a Cobalt for class. Wonder if Cobalts should have an asterisk too? No.
Again, the factors are wrong but NO asterisk is by wins of these cars because they are LEGAL if built to the rules.
Just because you don't like the way things are doesn't put an asterisk anywhere.
Every winner has an advantage or every race would be a dead heat.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #8
Larry Munk

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is funny. It's like the people left on the deck of the Titanic arguing wetheth they were First or Third Class passangers. At this point in time it doesn'y matter. 99 cars at Englishtown may seem like a high car count to some but it wasn't long ago when you had to qualify to get in. Where's the other 30 or so cars in stock that used to show up? Looking at the NA Ford, You can't blame a guy for wanting a latemodel roller cam smallblock with a huge throttle body and a powerglide (c-2) sounds like a pretty good bracket combo. Maybe NHRA is looking for someone to pay the fees for the Nostalgia progrm and will move all of the Antiques into Nostalgia Stock and Superstock and run them there.
Larry Munk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are right just look at Div3 it was not unuaual for 120 to 140 stockers and close to the same amount for stock. It lloks like to me that this Div has taken a even bigger hit than some of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Munk View Post
This is funny. It's like the people left on the deck of the Titanic arguing wetheth they were First or Third Class passangers. At this point in time it doesn'y matter. 99 cars at Englishtown may seem like a high car count to some but it wasn't long ago when you had to qualify to get in. Where's the other 30 or so cars in stock that used to show up? Looking at the NA Ford, You can't blame a guy for wanting a latemodel roller cam smallblock with a huge throttle body and a powerglide (c-2) sounds like a pretty good bracket combo. Maybe NHRA is looking for someone to pay the fees for the Nostalgia progrm and will move all of the Antiques into Nostalgia Stock and Superstock and run them there.
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
Marine One

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOval Ralph View Post
You are right just look at Div3 it was not unuaual for 120 to 140 stockers and close to the same amount for stock. It lloks like to me that this Div has taken a even bigger hit than some of the others.
The economy has been and continues to be in a hole. The midwest was hit hard by job losses...Div 3 = midwest.
Marine One is offline   Reply With Quote