HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Jesse Kershaw

Liked 120 Times in 11 Posts
Default Next Gen Cobra Jet

Hello,

Thank you to all the 2008 and 2010 Cobra Jet racers that have made the program such a success. The participation has made other racers seek me out with one question, "how can I get one?".

At this time we do not have a solid date, content or price for the next Cobra Jet but the likelihood is that it will be nearly identical to the 2010 model. We have put in a part number as a placeholder for interest in the turn-key car as well as a Mustang Competition Kit or roller.

If you are interested in getting on the list for the next batch of Cobra Jet's please place an order for p/n M-FR500-CJ. This has to be done through one of our Ford Racing distributors that is also a Ford dealership.

If you are interested in a body-in-white competition package or a semi-assembled roller (TBD) please place an order for M-607100-M. This can be done through any Ford Racing distributor.

To find a distributor visit our website, www.fordracingparts.com.

The response to the 2010 car has been immense and there is already a big interest in the future. I strongly encourage you to place an order for the Cobra Jet or a roller to ensure you have a place reserved. It is not binding at this time and prior to locking in the order the distributor will be notified if and when we confirm the next build.

We have been giving this information to our distributors and I wanted to ensure the Class Racer community was aware of this opportunity.

Thank you,

-Jesse
Old 05-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
k.pascoe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Next Gen Cobra Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kershaw View Post
Hello,

Thank you to all the 2008 and 2010 Cobra Jet racers that have made the program such a success. The participation has made other racers seek me out with one question, "how can I get one?".

At this time we do not have a solid date, content or price for the next Cobra Jet but the likelihood is that it will be nearly identical to the 2010 model. We have put in a part number as a placeholder for interest in the turn-key car as well as a Mustang Competition Kit or roller.

If you are interested in getting on the list for the next batch of Cobra Jet's please place an order for p/n M-FR500-CJ. This has to be done through one of our Ford Racing distributors that is also a Ford dealership.

If you are interested in a body-in-white competition package or a semi-assembled roller (TBD) please place an order for M-607100-M. This can be done through any Ford Racing distributor.

To find a distributor visit our website, www.fordracingparts.com.

The response to the 2010 car has been immense and there is already a big interest in the future. I strongly encourage you to place an order for the Cobra Jet or a roller to ensure you have a place reserved. It is not binding at this time and prior to locking in the order the distributor will be notified if and when we confirm the next build.

We have been giving this information to our distributors and I wanted to ensure the Class Racer community was aware of this opportunity.

Thank you,

-Jesse
Jesse, Are rollers for this new? I didn't think rollers had been avalible in the past builds.

Thanks,
Kent Pascoe
k.pascoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
John Quinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How about selling the 352 and 428 motors as crate motors for use in GT cars? At least making the parts available to build one. I have looked at the online parts catalog and do not see the injector throttle body or manifold part numbers. I only mention the manifold because I assume it is a good manifold design, as it could be replaced on a GT motor.

I furthur assume the rods and pistons are the same as those available currently in the online catalog.
John Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Jesse Kershaw

The roller is not a guarantee. It would be new. Similar to the Competition Kits we've sold but instead of all the parts in crates it would be bolted together. Makes shipping MUCH easier! This program is an evolution of what our customers want. If there is a suggestion you'd like to make regarding a roller please post it here. I.E. more preferable with an NHRA certified cage or without?

For the 352 and 428 engines we are unfortunately on backorder for some of the parts including the throttle body and the intakes. I will post as soon as they are back in stock.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
rawhide

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kershaw View Post
The roller is not a guarantee. It would be new. Similar to the Competition Kits we've sold but instead of all the parts in crates it would be bolted together. Makes shipping MUCH easier! This program is an evolution of what our customers want. If there is a suggestion you'd like to make regarding a roller please post it here. I.E. more preferable with an NHRA certified cage or without?

For the 352 and 428 engines we are unfortunately on backorder for some of the parts including the throttle body and the intakes. I will post as soon as they are back in stock.
Jesse,
The throttle bodies are in stock but the intakes are still on backorder.
thanks, Roland
rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #6
Jesse Kershaw

Roland,
You are correct! M-9926-4V175 is in stock and shipping.

M-9424-CJ82 and M-9424-CJ95 are on their way.

Thanks,
-Jesse
Old 07-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
Al Loyrat

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When I was at Norwalk for the nationals, there were some 2010 CJs there. One of them was a 352 ci running E/SA. Nice seeing a naturally aspirated small block Ford rather than a blown modular sandbagging engine. Did Ford produce at least 50 2010 CJs with the 352 engine to qualify this combo?
Al Loyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #8
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

I only know of one.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From what I was told they built NONE!! All cars built in Flat Rock @ AA. All were Super Charged They built a few rollers as they call them. Probably give aways then the racers installed the 352 and 428 that were built @ Holbroks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hill View Post
I only know of one.

Last edited by BlueOval Ralph; 07-30-2010 at 06:46 AM.
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
Al Loyrat

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So much for the minimum 50 car/engine combo rule.
Al Loyrat is offline   Reply With Quote