HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
Mark Ruset

Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
Default A Word To The Wise

I went to the SECURE storage area where I keep my motorhome and race trailer. I was only going there today to get the motorhome ready for the Pro Am In Jackson next weekend. I decided to walk around the trailer and make sure everything was ok. When I got to the rear of the trailer to my horror both locks had been cut off. You have no idea the sick feeling that came over me, I rushed to the side door opened it up and fully expecting the car to be gone BUT IT WASN'T. As far as I can tell the only thing missing are the two rear locks, I got real lucky. The point is don't assume because your rig is in a safe, secure and monitored area that you have nothing to worry about ,that how I used to feel .

Tomorrow I'm making arrangements to get the trailer wired with a security system, and I will start making unscheduled visits to check the trailer and motor home. We have too much invested in our cars to let some sob spoil it for us. Just don't assume, be proactive
Old 09-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: A Word To The Wise

Nothing was missing ?? No tools,jacks,jack stands ???? AMAZING !!!
I've never been that lucky !
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
Mark Ruset

Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

I just took for granted that the rig was ok because it was in a secure area . Nothing was taken I even had the keys in the ignition how STUPID was I .But not anymore.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
Bill MacDonald

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

When I bought my new trailer couple yrs ago , I ordered one of those alarms that Tommy Johnson sells , NO wires just a sensors for each door . Now I don't have any worries any where I go, track or motel. Bill
Bill MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
Dave Goob Cook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That could have been the "setup" for a later visit......they probably cut the locks, then figured out the whole rig was available, or were coming back later to gather what they wanted.....

Sounds like you dodged a bullet.....

My instinct would be to leave it the way it was, disable the motorhome, and wait for the lowlifes to return and bust their azzes in the act......but life must go on.

You have to question the integrity of those in charge of "securing" the area too.......inside jobs are too easy.
Dave Goob Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
LouisJeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: A Word To The Wise

Once the thieves seen it was a race car and NOT lawn equipment they let it go. In Michigan the police find race trailers with the car intact alot. apparantly lawn equipment is easier to fence than race cars. Glad to here you got away with no major issues.
LouisJeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
Bob

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Once again Jeff you are wrong! Had Mark's car been stolen, insurance would not have covered it. Don will be the first one to tell you the insurance does not cover the car when it is stored at public storage. While Don's insurance is great, get the facts straight before you recommend it.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #8
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hey "Bob"!
Sorry you can't read, but apparently you have added your own thoughts to a subject. Good job! It might help somebody make a decision to buy or pass on insurance. But to clarify my own statement, My statement was "A Word To The Wise....insure the car!"
Didn't spell out the declarations page of a policy, didn't say when or what would be covered, just said "A Word To The Wise....insure the car!"
Really, "Bob", you have to get over whatever's eating you. And since you can't even post with your real name, maybe we'll never know?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
Bob

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry Jeff, you will not bait me into this arguement. You simply aren't smart enough. We all know what you meant. Your own post even mentions a storage facility.

Oh, and by the way, how do you know my name isn't Bob? Just because I don't list my last name or claim to be the best at my profession in AZ, you assume my name is bogus. Not everyone is as conceited as you.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #10
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

OK, take your pill...it will be OK in the morning.