Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Default Len Imbrogno.....Seriously now

Len, This is a serious question. Where does the $100 million in cash go, and what is it to be used for? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have made several calls and nobody can answer me?

Jim Wahl
6 Time National record Holder
2239 BF/S
I miss Buster Couch also! 'cause Div.2 will always be "Buster's Rebels"
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
Dennis P Chapman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good question Jim thats a lot of money.

Dennis
1904 BF/S

Dennis P  Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
jims86tbird

i will ": GUESS" 60-65 % goes in wally's pocket .
the rest s[lit between those in "power"

jim

Old 06-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
Len Imbrogno

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jim, Dennis, Jims86,

The 100 million goes to the NHRA and will be used to fund the organization in its ongoing role in running amateur and sportsman racing indefinitely.
One factor that many peope do not clearly understand is the fact no one person or persons and/or or no group owns NHRA; never have and never will! (unlike the new NHRA Pro Racing company)
The NHRA will continue to be a 501C non profit corporation.
As examples, the NRA (National Rifle Association), the AARP, The Christian Coalition and other such types of organizations are all 501C corporations. No one owns them and nobody has a right to their funds. However, all of these organizations need money to operate and sustain life, and do hold substantial funds to keep such organizations solvent. Contrary to what many think, it takes milliions to fund the entire sportsman side of the NHRA. When you look at the overhead expense it takes to fund all the departments such as licensing, membership, field marketing, tehcnical services, field services, I.T., youth and education programs, seven division offices, member track programs, travel and hundreds of employees, the overhead expense is stagering.
Not unlike any other non profit organization, the 100 million will help fund the NHRA on indefinitly and keep Wally's dream alive. NHRA Sportsman Racing is here to stay and to continue to grow well into the future.

Len Imbrogno
NHRA Director of Sportsman Racing
Old 06-02-2007, 10:55 PM   #5
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

NHRA - I love you man !!!!

Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Len;
Being from New Jersey I tend to be skeplical about people in authority having access to large sums of money,just read the papers about our run amok politicians.Did NHRA unload the Fart Pipes on the new owners?Also is there any talk about raising payouts down the line,not just final rd. money?How about expanding Sports Nats. to all divisions with a TV package with Masters Prod.?How about pressuring
divisional tracks to use the media to publicize div. races?My home track (OB Twp RP) seems to give a rats *** about bringing spectators in to our div. race.
Just a few questions till our next phone conversaton.

Ed F.
15 T/SA