HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Dennismoore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default T-stop use without a Trans Brake?

Is anyone running a throttle stop without the trans brake\delay box? Can the T-stop controller be triggered in other ways?
Dennismoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 703 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: T-stop use without a Trans Brake?

you can trigger the box by the brake lamp switch,altho that may not be legal. ........A friend of mine has a Dedenbear stop on his car ,actuated by the shifter.........The blades are closed down for the launch and thru 1st gear,when he moves the shifter it actuates a Morse cable attached to the stop........He had an actuator cam made for the stop to correct the ratio for the short cable throw. ......Kinda looks like a big version of an old Holley 660 cam..... It worked really well for him. .......Tom
Old 12-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Re: T-stop use without a Trans Brake?

I guess I'm wondering why you would want to?
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 703 Times in 206 Posts

The guy I know does it to run Pro ET . ....His car can go 8.70's ,so he kills it in lo gear to rum 9.0's @big mph on the foot brake [no trans brakes in Pro in D1].........Best reason I can think of. ......Tom
Old 12-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
Dennismoore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply's, I kinda thought it would be a head scratcher. The thing is I have been out of racing for years now as my kids did the Jr Dragster stuff. Well now they are done and I have purchased a Duster with a 500 cu in motor. This thing should run a low to mid 9 in the qtr mile. I am not licensed to run sub 10 seconds and without any seat time in a long time I need to slow it down for my own safety and those around me..haha.. The car has a trans brake in it that has never been hooked up and I have a good delay box with T-stop controller built in etc. I just was curious if anyone was triggering the timer for a T-stop with a brake pedal switch or anything like that instead of the Trans brake. I guess I should have posted my question in Bracket racing instead of .90 tech but this is where Ive read the best feedback on T-stops.
Dennismoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
d1hitter
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You cannot use t-stop in pro or no- E classes
d1hitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
sst7250

Liked 41 Times in 30 Posts

Is this a plate/under carb stop? Cant you simply close the stop some and leave it that way. Not trigger it at all just use it as a restricto plate type set up. I have played with this to run B/G(8.60)in my car. Works well. It will slow the car for sure you may have to play with the adjustments to get it wowed up to where you want but it certainly works. There is sonthing in the rulebook reguarding mechanical stops in Pro or No E. lots of guys do it this way, either with restrictor plates, stop bolts or air stops, by unpluggin the air and using the stop linkage to close the blades, but they remain closed. I think Dedenbear sells a stop for this specific application.
sst7250 is offline   Reply With Quote