HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-31-2023, 10:53 AM   #1
B Parker

Liked 2,321 Times in 456 Posts
Default How to make Sportsman Racer's Happier

If NHRA would at all the National Events pick one class of the Sportsman racers and open it up to a full field of 128. Really wouldn't add that much time to the schedule. Gator's would be a good one for Stock. Pick a National Event that class run off's are held in either Stock or Super/ Stock and run a full field. At the other Nationals pick one of the .90 classes. Simple solution to make a lot of racers happy. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:45 AM   #2
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts
Default Re: How to make Sportsman Racer's Happier

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
If NHRA would at all the National Events pick one class of the Sportsman racers and open it up to a full field of 128. Really wouldn't add that much time to the schedule. Gator's would be a good one for Stock. Pick a National Event that class run off's are held in either Stock or Super/ Stock and run a full field. At the other Nationals pick one of the .90 classes. Simple solution to make a lot of racers happy. BP
So, what you are saying is that we are ahead of the game? (We have Columbus and Indy already)

Now, for the other classes, we would see a reduction in our quota to make room? (I'll use Gainesville as the example)

LOL!!
Old 01-31-2023, 01:44 PM   #3
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
So, what you are saying is that we are ahead of the game? (We have Columbus and Indy already)

Now, for the other classes, we would see a reduction in our quota to make room? (I'll use Gainesville as the example)

LOL!!
Daren I have been to the Gators many of times. They have plenty of room if parked right. They fit a lot more cars in there years ago. Plus the Manufactures midway. I don't count Columbus as a National. Every Sportsman class is open to as many cars that show up. Indy also has large enough quotas. Sounds like your on board for them leaving all Nationals at 50. If room or time was a problem why would they bring on another class? What's your solution to the quota problem? Or you can help others out leave all your cars at home. LOL BP

Last edited by B Parker; 01-31-2023 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:14 PM   #4
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts

I am not in favor of the lowered quotas. I am at grade 6 right now. So, it is a problem for me too.

I will go out on a limb and say that I think the NHRA is less concerned about space than they are about overhead. I'm sure that any delay is extremely expensive. More so in today's economy than any time before.

If I had one agenda it would be to be able to race NHRA Stock Eliminator for as long as I am able. For that to happen, I need the NHRA to be solvent and to have someone to race against.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:12 PM   #5
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
I am not in favor of the lowered quotas. I am at grade 6 right now. So, it is a problem for me too.

I will go out on a limb and say that I think the NHRA is less concerned about space than they are about overhead. I'm sure that any delay is extremely expensive. More so in today's economy than any time before.

If I had one agenda it would be to be able to race NHRA Stock Eliminator for as long as I am able. For that to happen, I need the NHRA to be solvent and to have someone to race against.
Daren this is my last post on this . We could go back and forth forever. We have the same agenda. I've been involved since 1975 and hope I'm able to do it another 20 years. Your right we need NHRA to be solvent. I have no clue to NHRA's financial status nor should I. Lets say they only increased the cars entered in that one sportsman's class by 30 cars. Are you telling me that NHRA staying solvent hinges on 30 cars in a sportsman's category? I hope not or we are all in trouble. We are both wanting the same thing. I'm moving from Ma to NC in the next few weeks. Should be at a few more Southern Races.. If we are at the same race please stop by and I will do the same. It's always nice to meet others that are as passionate about our addiction as I am BP
Old 01-31-2023, 10:39 PM   #6
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 673 Times in 265 Posts

If I understand what your saying we could have 128 and class at 1 Vegas and then low car count at the other Vegas with all the .90 cars that can get in.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #7
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 702 Times in 185 Posts

Quote:
Daren this is my last post on this . We could go back and forth forever. We have the same agenda. I've been involved since 1975 and hope I'm able to do it another 20 years. Your right we need NHRA to be solvent. I have no clue to NHRA's financial status nor should I. Lets say they only increased the cars entered in that one sportsman's class by 30 cars. Are you telling me that NHRA staying solvent hinges on 30 cars in a sportsman's category? I hope not or we are all in trouble. We are both wanting the same thing. I'm moving from Ma to NC in the next few weeks. Should be at a few more Southern Races.. If we are at the same race please stop by and I will do the same. It's always nice to meet others that are as passionate about our addiction as I am BP
BP
Addiction Being The Opt Word Alright !!!!

I still believe you can have 128 car fields at Gainesville.
Most people that race the Baby Gators would stay for the Nationals.
I’ve said this before, you have a 128 qualified field and run First Rd
Off on the Monday before the National event leaving 64 cars to run
the following weekend. It’s only 6 rds.

Last edited by Pistol Pete; 02-01-2023 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Left out a sentence
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:41 AM   #8
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,953 Times in 1,567 Posts

Quote:
I have no clue to NHRA's financial status nor should I. BP
Ya know Barry, this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is one of the biggest issues that I have with the NHRA and it's members. I doubt very much that you would hire a contractor to paint your house not knowing if his company is solvent. Or a little closer to home, if you would hire an engine builder not knowing if he's going to be around next week. NHRA has to file a financial report every year and the Racers, as NHRA members/business partners should be aware of this.

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 03:06 PM   #9
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know Barry, this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is one of the biggest issues that I have with the NHRA and it's members. I doubt very much that you would hire a contractor to paint your house not knowing if his company is solvent. Or a little closer to home, if you would hire an engine builder not knowing if he's going to be around next week. NHRA has to file a financial report every year and the Racers, as NHRA members/business partners should be aware of this.
Bill I may be wrong but I don't think so. A not for profit Business has to make their returns available for the public upon request. If you file form 990 to both the IRS and the not for profit business they need to make their taxes available along with some of the salaries of top executives. If they don't they could loose their not for profit status. I understand what you are saying but I can't say that I have ever asked for anyone's financials before they have done work for me. Including Brian Tilburg. Haven't been burnt yet but I also try I to stay with reputable companies. I personally don't have any interest in knowing what the State of NHRA's financials are or I would have had my Lawyer already submit the right form. Maybe some of the accountants on here could elaborate on this. If the **** hit the fan I know as a member I would want to do anything I could to get them through a tuff time. BP

Last edited by B Parker; 02-01-2023 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2023, 06:31 PM   #10
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,953 Times in 1,567 Posts

Quote:
If you file form 990 to both the IRS and the not for profit business they need to make their taxes available along with some of the salaries of top executives. BP
Barry, you don't have to "file" anything. NHRA's tax returns are available on line thru 2021. They spend a nice chunk on "executives". I would work for a whole lot less and I actually know a thing-or-two about Drag Racing!

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote