T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default NHRA price hike

http://www.nhra.com/story/2009/4/8/n...petition-fees/
Old 04-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Angry Re: NHRA price hike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeap! they already changed the form...............lisense is now 100.00
20.00 for add. #

Last edited by Rick Bailey; 04-08-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Rick Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
SC1317

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHRA price hike

I am definately bummed, especially since my physical is next week to renew my license(3 classes!) and my membership! It's not that I can"t afford it, but as Fletchburger said, it's an insult! I'm not sure if they are trying to raise more capital because of low car counts or whatever, but how much is the sportsman racer suppose to take responsibility for? And Please NHRA, spare me the sob story that even with the increase, you will still have to subsidize the sportsman program! Luckily, I am not one that depends on this sport to make a living, because with the increase in fees, entry, and travel and the lack of increase in payout and decrease in contingency, the professional sportsman has his work cut out for him.

Back to your average sportsman racer. Most of us will suck it up and continue to complain on our favorite message boards. It's been suggested that we boycott a large race in protest or at the very least, write the heads of NHRA. I think we really should make our opinions heard, but am discouraged that it will really help. NHRA has a one sided view of the sportsman racer and it has nothing to do with our benefit.

I will write a letter to NHRA about my concerns and I will support a well organized boycott, but I really have my doubts as to what they can accomplish.
Many of us are addicted to NHRA national and divisional programs for many different reasons (friendships, travel, excitement of racing against some of the best in the country...the parties) but how much is enough?
Old 04-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
mannymen

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Unhappy Re: NHRA price hike

Will this decrease the car counts even more for those even more upset with this change? It doesn't make sense anymore to race Nats and Divsionals since the payouts and cost associated to do so are ridiculous.

Having to spend more for less doesn't make sense at least to me.

Thompson IHRA Pro Am
Entry $135 Winner payout $1100 each day

Go down the road that sat to Norwalk and the pro payout is $1200 for $30 entry fee
Go to Milan on Sunday and the pro payout is $1200 for $45 entry fee.

Is it worth the extra entry fees to go to these IHRA/NHRA Nats and Divsionals in this economy???

Maybe we stand a better chance at the pro am since there will only be 20-24 cars in each class as compared to 100-150 in Pro. I guess it's all about the odds???
Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
Bill Mitchell

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Got physical at 11:00 A.M. yesterday, was making copies before mailing & noticed Dr. had not signed form so took back to office for signature & decided to wait and mail today during noon hour. Mailed priority mail then got online to check St. Louis entries & seen fee increase. Since the postmark was today will they hit me for the extra fees or reject or?
Bill Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
SC1317

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If paid by check, they might let it go(to much work). By credit card, I'd check your statement!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
FOR REAL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

like i said before **** nhra

asta
FOR REAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: NHRA price hike

Thats it!! You will not see me at another NHRA national or divisional event!! I'm done with em. How much longer will you guys let NHRA do this? It's crazy! I can't believe they are using the excuse that they haven't raised fees in a decade. When is the last time they increased payouts? I'M DONE

IHRA and DAMN Proud of it!!!

Last edited by luckydog; 04-10-2009 at 03:53 PM.
luckydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #9
SG1809

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bailey View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeap! they already changed the form...............lisense is now 100.00
20.00 for add. #
Many of us have our own Companies or work for someone (maybe) in these hard economic times. I can't comprehend going to a customer or client etc. and telling them we need to raise our price/rates etc. 100%. In this case License was 50.00 now 100.00, Chassis Cert. was 75.00 now 150.00!!!. Doing that would be insane yet NHRA does it. I would think a reasonable increase would be more acceptable and timely considering many of us are strugling to get by right now. Where is the concern for the racers? I personally will be looking for other avenues to race.

Just my 2 cents or wait maybe I should increase that to 4 cents.

Pat I.
SG1809
SG1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:48 AM   #10
H.A.A.C. Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with the above. I don't even mind prices going up, but double is insane no matter what the economy.

Almost makes you wonder if NHRA even wants us. Don't forget, a couple of years ago they were ready to split the pro's and sportsman racers when HG ?? wanted to buy the pros. Maybe all they want is pro classes @ national events and they will have wheelie cars and jet trucks going up and down the tracks between rounds.

Think about it, qualifying and bull**** show stuff on Friday & Sat. Then run the whole show on Sunday. They have the turn around times so fast, they can run the thing round after round until it's over

I guess the question is......what do they make off of us and are we worth all the extra space and people it takes to run us?

Things that make you go hummmmmmmm.
(Jason should be proud)
H.A.A.C. Racing is offline   Reply With Quote