HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #1
HawkBrosMav

Liked 277 Times in 68 Posts
Default Nitro Jam in Tucson Feb 6th and 7th

I may have missed this discussion already, haven't been on in a while but who plans on heading to Tucson the 6th and 7th now that they are including all the traditional sportsman categories??

I know everyone can't be in Pomona, so whose gonna give it a try?

Brad
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Default Re: Nitro Jam in Tucson Feb 6th and 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkBrosMav View Post
I may have missed this discussion already, haven't been on in a while but who plans on heading to Tucson the 6th and 7th now that they are including all the traditional sportsman categories??

I know everyone can't be in Pomona, so whose gonna give it a try?

Brad
I'm planning on going since Pomona's stock field filled up before I could enter....I just remembered I will need to 're-letter my car since IHRA kept all of NHRA's original fwd classes. Additionally since my NHRA MEMBERSHIP is welcomed at the event, that (plus the $170 entry fee for their 1st national event of the year), will save me some money, while giving me back the index and class my car should have...EF/SA)!

Brad, I hope the first round of elims won't also be the final round, but so far it's just you and me...which will make me wish I had a Super Stocker also! How can you beat a nearly equal prize purse (plus contingency money), for nearly half of Pomona's entry fee????
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 01-21-2015 at 06:38 AM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
Mike Graham

Liked 303 Times in 58 Posts

I spoke with Mike Baker about this race. No membership required,NHRA numbers and cards are accepted. We are going to give it a try. ! stocker and 1 SS
Mike Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #4
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Thumbs up Re: Nitro Jam in Tucson Feb 6th and 7th

Thanks for reminding me about this race Mike! At least Tempe and Tucson will have class participants there, and it's close enough to the D7 divisional to give us (me especially), some valuable seat time prior to chasing the points this season. I hope that more racers can make it to this race to let the higherarchy of IHRA know that we want them out west too (afterall, variety is supposed to be the spice of life)! I'm anxious to get this season started, and now it will in just 2wks!!!!

See ya there........
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 01-21-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:33 AM   #5
HawkBrosMav

Liked 277 Times in 68 Posts

I have to say I don't understand why this particular weekend was chosen. NHRA D7 has everything going on in Feb and March and then basically stops over summer to run everything at the end of the year again. Why not actually pick a date when you don't have to try and pull from one of the BIGGEST races of the year for these classes...

I will never understand the scheduling issues we have here in AZ with only 2 tracks less than 2 hours apart.. I understand in NC or OH where there are 20+ tracks in a 3 hour radius you wont be able to get away from scheduling issues, but seriously how hard would it be to schedule 2 tracks on different weekends.. at least for points... This kind of planning is what makes cool events like these turn into nothing more than a test n tune with 10 cars.. I do realize NHRA is in Pomona not PHX this weekend but this is the epitome of why racing is AZ is dying so quickly...

Brad
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:57 PM   #6
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Question Re: Nitro Jam in Tucson Feb 6th and 7th

I couldn't agree more with you Brad on the scheduling part. Heck the weekend of Feb 13-15, would've fallen between Pomona and our NHRA natl. event at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, and could've been a more perfect date for IHRA to run their Nitro Jam Race (instead...that is if they wanted a more likely higher car count)? They want us Az., sportsman racers to partake in their event, yet schedule their event to conflict with an NHRA event (knowing full well IHRA's D7 isn't up and running yet to give us a viable points chasing alternative)? I don't get it either....but hopefully there'll be some other racers in neighboring states (possibly Texas), since points earned here count towards your D4 chase....
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)