HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,026 Times in 312 Posts
Default .90 Big $$$ Race

So I'm not too sure how many of the follow .90 guys out there visit other parts of Classracer.com but, I came across a race that Lee Zane and Brian Van Poppel are putting up for the Stock / Super Stk guys and gals at Numidia on May 7th. Now I know their has been A LOT of griping and complaining going on about how NHRA is raising the cost of entry fee's, how they brought back the oil down policy, the pit bike deal, etc. So I know Jim Fordyce posted this question about a year ago on this site about a big dollar .90 race and he didn't get much response or comments back. Well a few Super Comp and Super Gas guys shot me an e-mail after reading Brian's post in the Stk/SS form and asked me what my thought's were on a big $$$ .90 race and to be honest with you I would love to put one together but, I'm afraid of the turnout of cars, getting sponsors, etc....so I'm going to throw it at the fellow members of the .90 class racer form on the east coast. What do you think of a 1 shot big $$ .90 race?? This is the time to see how much the sportsman guys will stick together for a big race and it maybe up against a NHRA Race. Not saying when or where, I just want feedback...time to put the money on the table and see who's all in. Below is how Brian and Lee's structure works out.....

Numidia Dragway
Saturday May 7, 2011

Payout:Based on 125 Cars
Winner............................$10,000
R/U....................................$4,000
Semi's...............................$1,000
5th Rd Loser.......................$400
4th Rd Loser.......................$200
3rd Rd Loser.......................$100
+ Great Prizes and Giveaways. Stay tuned for details....

$10,000 Winner's Purse Guarenteed with 100 cars

Stock and Super Stock Rules Apply, No Scale, No Fuel Check, No Heads Up, Must Dial Faster than your Index.

NHRA and IHRA Cars Allowed

We will keep Stock and Super Stock seperate for the first 3 rounds.

Schedule:
Time Trials(2) at 10 am
1st Round roughly 1/2 hour after the last time run.

Entry:
Pre enter by Feb 28................$225
Pre enter by Apr 15.................$250
Gate entry.................................$275 (CASH ONLY)
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
Tom Joseph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: .90 Big $$$ Race

This is a good idea and reminds me of the"National Challenge" back in the 70's that was held Labor day weekend....go figure. Most big names went but NHRA lured them back. This is a good idea but too far north for most of us down here in God's country but I would go if it was closer. The fuel costs are a killer and closer the better. It takes money to promote these things so I hope you get it together. One suggestion at least get into the 90's take credit cards even at the gate.
Tom Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
frank v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sounds good
Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 703 Times in 206 Posts
Thumbs up Re: .90 Big $$$ Race

I'm in! $$$$$
But we've had numerous discussions about this before with nothing ever materializing.
I don't know what it would take to motivate my fellow S/G racers,but a 125 car field in S/G is not realistic any more.
A 75 car turnout for S/G would be within reason, and could still provide a very good payout.
Pre entry discount ,or a payout bonus for pre entries may encourage some racers.
If someone is willing to put in the effort to do this in D1 I will support it, But if it becomes someones idea of a Super Elim Combo race , forget it, I am not a bracket racer.
If I was any good at handicap racing ,and I'm not, there are plenty of big money gambler races I'd go to.
As far as taking credit cards, this should be a CASH payout race , I dont think MASGA or the Super comp assn. are equipped to take credit cards, let alone give up the percentage points.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
billy leber

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

This is the type of thing i would like to concentrate on, I couldnt be more in. Please make it happen!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
RACER1530

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RACER1530

what about a combo race with super comp? like a 9.40 index
i dont nkow how the super gas guys will feel about racing dragsters,keep them seperate as long as possible then merge together. would be a way to get the car count up.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,026 Times in 312 Posts

Well even if it's a $5,000 to win S/G and $ 5,000 to win S/C and for fun in the end have a King of the Track race with the 2 winners. I'm not all for having Dragster vs. Car either cause then it's almost like a high $$ bracket race. Like I said I'm just throwing this around and seeing what people think about it. I thought Brian and Lee's idea was great and from the e-mails I got so did a few other people. If it works out really depends on sponsors stepping in and the interests from the .90 racers.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hold it on the same weekend. That would be awesome, just like a National/Divisional without the bs.

Id be in for the .90 and the stock superstock combo
199k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
Tom Joseph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Goldman View Post
I'm in! $$$$$
But we've had numerous discussions about this before with nothing ever materializing.
I don't know what it would take to motivate my fellow S/G racers,but a 125 car field in S/G is not realistic any more.
A 75 car turnout for S/G would be within reason, and could still provide a very good payout.
Pre entry discount ,or a payout bonus for pre entries may encourage some racers.
If someone is willing to put in the effort to do this in D1 I will support it, But if it becomes someones idea of a Super Elim Combo race , forget it, I am not a bracket racer.
If I was any good at handicap racing ,and I'm not, there are plenty of big money gambler races I'd go to.
As far as taking credit cards, this should be a CASH payout race , I dont think MASGA or the Super comp assn. are equipped to take credit cards, let alone give up the percentage points.
Remote credit card machines and providers are as simple as brushing your teeth,provided they're still there, kiddin...I have all those connections and will help any way I can just call any time but get down south.
Tom Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would 10.90 be included in this race? sounds like an awesome idea and I would definately be in........like someone else just said pay 5K to the winner of each class. Coincidentally, I believe IHRA is doing the same thing this year with their sportsman spectacular events held at Budds Creek and Richmond. $200 entry and paying 5K plus contingencies to the winners of every sportsman class!