HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #1
mike britt

Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default Yet another metric 200 question

What causes the front pump seal to blow out. I just got this transmission and put it in my car and it blew fluid everywhere. The seal was out of the pump completely. I don't know much about the thing like who built it. I thought it was odd that the cooler ports were plugged.
mike britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:46 AM   #2
Henrys Toy

Liked 512 Times in 173 Posts
Smile Re: Yet another metric 200 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike britt View Post
What causes the front pump seal to blow out. I just got this transmission and put it in my car and it blew fluid everywhere. The seal was out of the pump completely. I don't know much about the thing like who built it. I thought it was odd that the cooler ports were plugged.
Good morning Mike and to all,
Without knowing whether this trans is in a Stocker or a Super Stocker, internal pressure will push out the front pump seal. GM has a retainer for the front seal but you might need to check that the vent for the case isn't blocked or restricted. Depending on who actually built the unit and who's valve body has been installed will determine why the cooler lines are plugged. My McClay unit has a loop, my Leon trans is plugged. You might want to reach out to Mark Yac. that comes on this site, he might be able to give you some guidance. If someone in Mike's area knows of a good builder, maybe you could chime in here and get Mike some help.
Have a Good Day.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote