HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #1
SSGN

Liked 133 Times in 48 Posts
Thumbs down Fedex Caution

FEDEX shipping Warning

Recently I purchased a part for my car from a well respected vendor. They shipped it Fedex. I received a notice my part was delivered and it had a picture of it on my porch. I got home and no part. I called Fedex and they said I had to contact the shipper to start a claim. I did and the vendor was on it immediately. A few days go by and I get another message from Fedex that said it was delivered at 11.27 AM on the specified day. My wife was home that morning and the door bell never rang as my 100 LB Rotti always lets us know.
I called the local police and started a incident report. The officer said just because it was left on your porch that it didn?t mean it was delivered. It appears that someone way up at Fedex has been watching the Amazon crowd and figured if they don?t ring the door bell and get a signature it saves them many minutes a day multiplied by thousands of deliveries. Neither the Shipper nor myself was asked if we wanted a signature upon delivery.
I have called many times to plead my case with Fedex and have had nothing but run a around and handed over to multiple operators that honestly just didn?t care. I asked why it wasn?t insured because I always get insurance and was told a signature was not requested at time of delivery so no insurance was available The service I received was just terrible .
In the future I will ship post office where it will go in my mail box or left at a store for pick up. Fedex doesn?t care or want my business and the way I was treated made this clear.

Kevin
SSGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #2
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 571 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Fedex Caution

I order frequently from Amazon and other online stores. We live in the country with a distance between neighbors. One way in and out. This past week I ordered a one wire alternator for grandsons old F100 rebuild. Amazon send a confirmation and instructions to use a "code number" when delivery way made. I did that without any problems, but this is something new...never done before and no one out here has had any problem with deliveries (we just bury any porch bandit we catch....joke)
So much business has gone to home delivery, I suspect we will be seeing more changes.