HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #1
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 880 Times in 451 Posts
Default Meeting

I have a 66 Nova that I set a goal of running a 7.38, last July at Irwindale I ran a 7.34. I am right at the point where they are going not let me pass tech because I lack a roll bar. I do drive it on cruises and car shows.

Title: Meeting Goals

Last edited by Eddies66; Today at 09:04 AM.
Eddies66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:12 AM   #2
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 443 Times in 149 Posts
Default Re: Meeting

Great looking car. I am finding many discrepancies amongst various tracks as far as roll bar requirements go. They want someone with a car such as yours to install a bar, yet they welcome many of these newer corvettes and challengers that are quicker and a roll bar is never mentionned. Last time I was at a local track, there was a modded newer corvette dialed in at 6.05 in the 1/8th mile !! That's definitely a 9 second ride, no roll bar and they never warned him to get one ?
Tim H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #3
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 880 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
Great looking car. I am finding many discrepancies amongst various tracks as far as roll bar requirements go. They want someone with a car such as yours to install a bar, yet they welcome many of these newer corvettes and challengers that are quicker and a roll bar is never mentioned. Last time I was at a local track, there was a modded newer corvette dialed in at 6.05 in the 1/8th mile !! That's definitely a 9 second ride, no roll bar and they never warned him to get one ?

I run through the mufflers and keep the air cleaner on it just to slow it down so they don't throw me off the track. Saw a PLD Tesla run in the 9's, no roll bar! I am pretty happy with the end results.
Eddies66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #4
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 443 Times in 149 Posts

Some insurance companies will not cover a street driven vehicle with a roll bar installed. A mild (12-13second) dual purpose street/strip car is the focus of my next project. Too many tracks closing or running on life support to justify a track only car in my mind. Been there, done that,as the saying goes. Have all the memories and stories to tell without anymore huge investment of time and money. Now I go watch the others pound the stuffing out of their cars instead !
Tim H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:15 AM   #5
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 687 Times in 272 Posts

Vettes and Challengers have a built safety tub to protect people in car. My understanding it's safer then a 6 point bar.
Jeff Stout is online now   Reply With Quote