HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #11
KennyAnderson

Liked 239 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: Live from New England Dragway- Lucas Oil Series

So at SGMP this year we all had to park in a damp field outside the gate on Wednesday as we were told they don't have overnight security. It was suggested to charge us a lil something extra to cover a security guard and the track could make a few bucks extra by charging for an extra day of power on those spots where available. At Reynolds, they charged $25 per rig to park early. I would gladly pay that to avoid the hassles of stacking.
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #12
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,123 Times in 341 Posts

Some forget the days of US 13 in Delmar, De at the D1 race we had to leave each night?.no that?s not a typo?.every rig had to leave the property and re-park each day of the D1 or Open race, now most had open trailer and suburbans but that would be very funny to see now a days with the rigs we have.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #13
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,724 Times in 350 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Lightbulb Re: Live from New England Dragway- Lucas Oil Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
We all must remember the T&T are TRACK OPERATED, they have nothing to do with NHRA D1, I can say most of the staff working the event left this morning, it's a little extra source for the track to recover from the rental fees to host a divisional. You also have to remember, if you roll in Wednesday Night, girl asks you if you are T&T or going to the beach, going to fly an airplane, etc. What's saying, "Nah I'm not going to T&T" and you have a MH full of 10 people or you're not even racing but brought the MH & Trailer (Ive seen people tow an empty trailer) and tell her you'll be back tomorrow, and you never go back to pay. It simply amazes me that we have these multimillion dollar rigs, nice cars and we gripe over $10 or $15 the track gets us for at the gate.
Spoken like a true race promoter- except some of your talking points aren't true- I was at the gate to give them my money so I was there to make them money and didn't have ten secret people in my vehicle - I was planning on doing the TNT but the weatherman said rain ( can't believe he was right) - next I don't have a multimillion rig and most don't- this was a track operated TNT so NHRA had no one working - yes , the track had an employee at the gate but had to be there anyway to collect the Lucas Oil money - and I didn't see the notice on Facebook so I got blindsided .Lastly since Stock is almost always out first how much time would I have to get ready if I came thru the gate early Friday morning .Oh BTW $15 isn't the issue - they just found a new way to get it from us .PS- you would be amazed at how many people that move pissed off .

Last edited by Jack Matyas; Yesterday at 08:38 PM.
Jack Matyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old Today, 07:14 AM   #14
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Talking Re: Live from New England Dragway- Lucas Oil Series

Good morning racers - today will be a mixed bag as the weather is the big story once again - no Sun at this hour along with temps in the mid-sixties and some fog showing here @ New England but should clear with temps rising to high seventies .

Plenty of pit space left for those showing up this AM and all of us should receive our three Q runs today baring any unforseen incidents.

With the storm that passed thru yesterday afternoon the track did issue some refunds to the racers who paid although I can't tell you if it was a full or partial payment - but nice on their part .It was paid out at the gate so if you didn't get yours start there.

Stock out first @ 9 am ..........
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #15
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Spoken like a true race promoter- except some of your talking points aren't true- I was at the gate to give them my money so I was there to make them money and didn't have ten secret people in my vehicle - I was planning on doing the TNT but the weatherman said rain ( can't believe he was right) - next I don't have a multimillion rig and most don't- this was a track operated TNT so NHRA had no one working - yes , the track had an employee at the gate but had to be there anyway to collect the Lucas Oil money - and I didn't see the notice on Facebook so I got blindsided .Lastly since Stock is almost always out first how much time would I have to get ready if I came thru the gate early Friday morning .Oh BTW $15 isn't the issue - they just found a new way to get it from us .PS- you would be amazed at how many people that move pissed off .
Not saying you were Jack, just saying I've seen people sneak people in trailers, in bathrooms, etc to save a few bucks and I've also seen where a track allows the racers to come in and park and have the honor system to come back and pay the next day and either they don't or only pay for themselves. It's just the point of the matter that we're seeing more and more tracks disappear (Just saw Skyview in NY is for Sale after re-opening this year) and you have to think the expenses to run these events are becoming insane. I got the P&L from my event at a track last year and it shocked me the amount of crew / spectator passes that were sold; I said this has to be a mistake, there was way more then 275 people as crew / spectators. I asked a few racers where their bands were.....Oh we don't pay, nobody checks anyways.... guess where that cost goes, to the promoter or to future events. I think the last real person who checked wristbands at a Lucas Race was at Maple Grove a few years back.

I do agree, a little communication goes a long way and sometimes that's the weak point of some organizations, I completely agree saying "Gates open at 5pm to 7pm but there is a $15 parking charge" would have changed some people's minds as to when they leave / arrive but, also in today's world you post that on Social Media and you have every Keyboard Cowboy form here to Sweden giving their input. I get yelled at all the time that I post too much for my series but, racers are informed, the less questions rolling into an event, I think it runs 10x more efficient. I look at is as everyone is a customer, and I am here to give them a good experience for thier money.

Last edited by BKSG1198; Today at 10:10 AM.
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #16
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Quote:
Not saying you were Jack, just saying I've seen people sneak people in trailers, in bathrooms, etc to save a few bucks and I've also seen where a track allows the racers to come in and park and have the honor system to come back and pay the next day and either they don't or only pay for themselves. It's just the point of the matter that we're seeing more and more tracks disappear (Just saw Skyview in NY is for Sale after re-opening this year) and you have to think the expenses to run these events are becoming insane. I got the P&L from my event at a track last year and it shocked me the amount of crew / spectator passes that were sold; I said this has to be a mistake, there was way more then 275 people as crew / spectators. I asked a few racers where their bands were.....Oh we don't pay, nobody checks anyways.... guess where that cost goes, to the promoter or to future events. I think the last real person who checked wristbands at a Lucas Race was at Maple Grove a few years back.

I do agree, a little communication goes a long way and sometimes that's the weak point of some organizations, I completely agree saying "Gates open at 5pm to 7pm but there is a $15 parking charge" would have changed some people's minds as to when they leave / arrive but, also in today's world you post that on Social Media and you have every Keyboard Cowboy form here to Sweden giving their input. I get yelled at all the time that I post too much for my series but, racers are informed, the less questions rolling into an event, I think it runs 10x more efficient. I look at is as everyone is a customer, and I am here to give them a good experience for thier money.
We could go on and on about having racers sneak in or others just not pay isn't the reason we are losing tracks - it's because their land as a race track is not it's best use-that is one of the first lessons I learned in my Real Estate career.As for the $15 new fee what you're not addressing is the fact that once it catches on that number will surely change - soon it will be $25 then $35 and God knows how high it will get in the future- all that plus soon we'll have special RV parking fees .That money will not save race tracks .
Old Today, 11:17 AM   #17
BKSG1198
VIP Member

The land and trying to find people who want to keep the tracks running, I travel Route 40 near Cowtown on the way to Cecil, what used to be all farmland for the longest time with roadside stands is now all becoming warehouses, the older generation is cashing out or the younger generation is getting rid of what their parents worked on for so long because someone rolls up and throws a million dollar check in their face....it's a shame.
Liked
Old Today, 01:54 PM   #18
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 58 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
The land and trying to find people who want to keep the tracks running, I travel Route 40 near Cowtown on the way to Cecil, what used to be all farmland for the longest time with roadside stands is now all becoming warehouses, the older generation is cashing out or the younger generation is getting rid of what their parents worked on for so long because someone rolls up and throws a million dollar check in their face....it's a shame.
We came through there too late July and we always stop at Grahams Jersey Fruit Market on the way to OCNJ for Beach vacation. I was shocked.

I wish there was a better way to protect farmland. What is happening right there is a shame. If I had a farm like that, I would try to get it put in a trust, or wording put in the deed that it can't be used for anything other than farmland, and if my kids weren't interested in farming, I would sell it to a farming familty that will farm it.

That being said, these tracks are likely all going to start doing these extra fees. Even with no prep and only 1/8 mile racing, many local tracks seem to be struggling way more than they should. From their perspective, its hard for someone with a $150+K race car and a $ 300,000 rig that to say they can't afford $15 to camp. Its $110-$170 per night at Disney Fort Wilderness.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #19
Chevy55

Liked 177 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
We came through there too late July and we always stop at Grahams Jersey Fruit Market on the way to OCNJ for Beach vacation. I was shocked.

I wish there was a better way to protect farmland. What is happening right there is a shame. If I had a farm like that, I would try to get it put in a trust, or wording put in the deed that it can't be used for anything other than farmland, and if my kids weren't interested in farming, I would sell it to a farming familty that will farm it.

That being said, these tracks are likely all going to start doing these extra fees. Even with no prep and only 1/8 mile racing, many local tracks seem to be struggling way more than they should. From their perspective, its hard for someone with a $150+K race car and a $ 300,000 rig that to say they can't afford $15 to camp. Its $110-$170 per night at Disney Fort Wilderness.
On Long Island the County will buy the development rights to the farm land and the land will then be restricted to farming and what structures can be built on it.
Chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote