View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #95
flintstonecharger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Hello Paul,like story of hood flying off Ramstrom's FlintstoneCharger when racing Doc Burgess injected car.I have cover photo of both cars from 1320 News and always assumed the hood was removed for weight break since Burgess car running injectors,Flintstone Dodge also had both bumpers off.I also heard story Ramstrom swapped doors at one race with other car?? This may also explain why car hood scoop changed from orange to white in photo's I have gathered on car. Do you have any photos of this car?? On the Dart and the dealership where it came from I always wondered if car came from same dealer that Flynn's car came from which was in New Haven .Would be a big help if some shipping paperwork existed? Later, SteveOquote=Paul Ceasrine;142584]Bill Rodik
Flintstone Charger (Steve)
W J (Parachute Jumper; a/k/a Hemi Sky-Diver)
MarK J (Hemi Professor)

Very Good Hemi Hunting to you.
Bill, Nice posting on that white Cuda, Park Chrysler-Plymouth. Looks like a Dana-rear, another 4-speed. Look out, here comes another flying
driveshaft.

Steve (FlintstoneCharger). Great photos of the Flintstone Charger at
Dover 5/22/66 versus "Doc" Burgess, Black Arrow. The first time out for
Doc in an Hilborn-injected engine. The "Flintstone Charger" blew the
hood off the car earlier in the day. Ran later with no hood. Great close-ups of both cars on the line. 10.80's on a cold day.

W J... Southern-Connecticut dealer for Gene O'Neill's Dart, with help from Bill Flynn. Possible, Chorches Motors, Manchester, CT (just east of
Hartford). Or, another Hamden. This one located in southern-Connecticut
(just north of New Haven, Bill Flynn's home-base). Was there a
Hamden Dodge, Connecticut?

Mark J (Professor). Last I heard of "Playmate II" it ended up in a little town in Eastern, PA (Greentown, PA). But that was many moons ago.
Charlie Lendrum's Dart kind of vanished into the sunset.

Paul[/quote]
flintstonecharger is offline   Reply With Quote