View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #97
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

The Centolanza Barracuda was originally purchased by a guy in ND sold to someone in NC or SC and unded up in the NE when the Centolanza's bought it. They said when they got it it had a beautiful black paint job and they went and painted it white!
The Street racing 68 cars have been some of the hardest to track. Paul, I belive you mentioned to me some time ago that The Pomona Speed Dart was purchased from some street racers in NJ? I have also heard of a Barracuda (could be the Baptiste car or another that I know of) that was black and had some purple on it called the "Grape Ape". The car was supposedly run out of Carmen Rotunda's shop (not by Carmen). Anyone know anything about this car? This would have been in the early 70's.
Another Street racing car that comes to mind is Richie Sansonia's Barracuda - I don't know if this was an original car but it was a Hemi powered street racer - could this have been the Baptiste car? Bill - Richie was pretty well known and worked at Rockville Center Dodge. I checked with Al Kirchenbaum but he said it was not an original car???? Anyone know anything about this car?

Mark J
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote