View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #27
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Talking Re: "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2013

Good morning gang -- Ok , first things first - its early in the morning and already the hum of generators is everywhere as the humidity is high - way too high for this time .Like they say in the song 'back home in Indiana' it is good to be back but what a welcome - heat and humidity and I got to spend the night in a grassy field .

Today its parking and tech - then hang around racers from all parts of our great country and tell stories - mostly tall tales about how good we are at this sport or how much our competition are 'playing in grey areas' or how soft their horsepower is .This is the place alright - make new friends and go home about ten pounds heavier .

Me? I'm just thankful to be here - without the support of family and a few friends helping me there is no way i'd be parked here ready to do battle with the best racers on this planet ......Truthfully I never saw this day coming .And a special thanks to Joey Burns , my friend from Carfagno Chevrolet who spent hours with me just trying to help make my racer work the way it is supposed to - i can't thank you enough and i'm glad to call you my friend .

Welcome to Indy - and hang on as it'll be a ride you won't forget ...............