Thread: 2 Questions....
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Jason Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2 Questions....

Im making my first passes (8)in a comp dragster, and just really making those get to know you passes. Im experiencing 2 problems on minor and one major. for the small stuff, i seem to have a slight hesitation around 4000 rpm when staging on the brake. the engine comes up to 4k hesitates a split second then jumps on up to 5k where im chipped. i believe im running out of pump shot in the carb, does this sound correct? or could it be something else? for the next issue, a bit larger....im experiencing chatter then tire spin right at the top/during the one two shift causing wheel spin and having to abort the run. its actually giving me a headache after a pass or two. the launch is smooth and feels glued down to 300' or so then here comes the chatter/shift/out of shape/abort. im kind of at a loss and looking for some ideas before i go to the track again. i worked on fuel cars for some time before i started driving and 90 percent of our shake was from underpower conditions. we would raise the percentage, either nitro or blower and alleviate this issue. well i cant do that in my naturally aspirated dragster now can i. would raising my tire pressures a half pound or so alleviate this? pull the gear longer or shorter? all advise is appreciated....

230 inch brink dragster
468 bbc dart pro 1 top end single 1050
39* locked out
14.5x32 hoosier 7psi
8 inch trans king converter
launch at 5k
shift at 7200
Jason Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote