View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #29
HP HUNTER

Liked 238 Times in 97 Posts
Default Re: 1971 Buick 455 GS F/SA G/SA Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke2 View Post
25* seat angle on intake with a narrow .070 seat because of so little lift.
20 top/25 seat/45 below and 70 in the throat. Make the 20 plenty big(not to the point of unshouding, lol) then deck to bring back cc's.
Instead of a 30* backcut on the valve(normal with a 45 seat), with a 25 seat, cut back 15-20* instead, basically anything to break the edge.
This works on sbf, not sure of the chamber clearance on a BBC or Pontiac/Buick etc.
HP Hunter, is this the type of answer you're looking for?

pfordamx, low lift is always good as the valve goes past it twice and more time is spent at that point then at the peak which most seem to focus on. I've never heard of (better or more) low lift not being a good thing, ever, but I'm willing to listen/learn from others...with validation and testing of course.
This is something I can sink my teeth in.........I will give it a try on my test head..........thanks.

"pfordamx, low lift is always good as the valve goes past it twice and more time is spent at that point then at the peak which most seem to focus on. I've never heard of (better or more) low lift not being a good thing, ever, but I'm willing to listen/learn from others...with validation and testing of course"

But at the same time you have to consider where the piston is..................

Last edited by HP HUNTER; 09-06-2016 at 08:47 PM.
HP HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote