View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Data logging for the .90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Baer View Post
It shows throttle position, besides the in line throttle stop operation it shows when and where the driver lifted if he lifts before the finish line you have to calculate run completion to have any salvageable data.
Or if you hook it to you under the carb stop you would know how long it takes to open and close and if it is working consistently.
Could you get that info from the engine RPM and accelerometer? I've been playing with a prototype datalogger add-on to the gauge system that my company is working on (will be a low cost unit that comes with a gauge system). I have been able to see pedaling on a crappy track with both the engine RPM and drop in acceleration. Our biggest hassle has been trying to filter the noise of the accelerometer from vehicle vibrations, but I think that will be improved if I solidly mount the unit (it has been mounted with Velcro since we take it out so many times during development).

As I have tried to tune my suspension (shock settings and spring rates) it has really helped to have accelerometer data. I think shock travel data would be really useful too but I need to get one of those linear transducers!