View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:11 AM   #68
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Default Re: Bracket Racing vs Class Racing

For me and my car, answers 1 & 7 fit best.

1 because with a 15sec car, there's a big difference between the payouts of Stock vs the Sportsman Bracket. Of all the high dollar bracket races I read about, I don't recall them including cars that run in the 15's , and if they do it's at tracks more than 500 miles from me. Although I race against Pro Et quick cars in Stock, my car isn't quick enough to race in that bracket, because of the et break for Pro Et being I believe 13.99.

7. Where I chose to live, half if not most of the bracket races in Az., are done in the late afternoon to night time. I prefer racing in the daytime, but although I had a very good bracket racing career while living in Denver, I moved here to Phoenix for the weather, my health, and to be closer to tracks that hold Stocker races.

Someday I will attend a bracket race or two, because the competition is just as good as class racing, and I could use the extra competition to sharpen up my racing skills. However, for my budget right now, it's class racing only.

If NHRA drops class racing, I will modify my car to run 13's, so I can race in Pro Et, by canning the MFI/computer and replacing it with either a 350 or 500cfm Holley, on a older carburetor manifold, or an Edelbrock (if they even make manifolds for my V6 engine).
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote