View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #14
Axis Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Competetive 4-cylinders in Comp?

I'm sorry, I'm not really looking for specifics. More so, I'm wondering if the engines in the few 4-cyl comp classes all make similar #'s. I have no idea what it takes to be competetive in Comp., but it seams that all the competetive engines are quite large for 4-cylinders. I'm looking to run a FWD car in SS, with a 4-valve combo. Due to the high weight of a SS car, and the SS/CX class' 12lbs. per cu.in., I'll be somewhere in the neighborhood of 164" or so. That in itself is a pretty big 4-cylinder, but the 200" stuff like the F/D guys seem to be running is even bigger. I'd heard that there was someone running a 122" Honda in F/D, but that would require a car that's 40% lighter than a 200" Splayed valve deal.

I would really like to talk with someone that's running a competetive n/a Comp 4-cylinder to see if my thoughts of power requirements are even in the ballpark. It does nobody any good to spend a bunch of money to NOT BE competetive.

I can be reached at brian@phenixindustries.com if anyone is willing to give me a little guidance.
Axis Racing is offline   Reply With Quote