View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #110
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts
Default Re: Dommination of FI cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach craig View Post
WOW... Sounds like a bunch of old farts thanking this is still 1980. But the truth is that you are all just a bunch of pro bracket racers who bought or built a class car. If you really thank you r that bad and can make some big power with big money step up n go comp racing. Then you can race heads ups all day. The deal is i love stock n s/s no box racing is my deal but it is just hard 2 race a $45,000 doller car 4 a wopping $1300 bucks. The whole thang neads 2 step up n pay some cash. I am just hoping that avery one can come together class racers, super class racers, bracket racers ake all of us n start 2 git somthing going that pays i dont no about all of you but when it cost $750 a weekend 2 race and all you git is $1300 four the last 15 years somthing neads 2 change.TOM thanks 4 the complament on my driving but you nead 2 wake up and realize you r not warren johnson.
Zack...Todd is right on his assessment about what you want to accomplish. The truth is that all of those old farts, which I can include myself, have paid the price throughout the years on this sport. My recommendation is that if you want to be in the spotlight, there is a price to pay. However, you do not want to do so, therefore, either build a Stocker, or stay in bracket racing. Also, Tom Turner is one of the many racers that has paid the price in the sport and has a level head...he was already racing before your daddy planned in bringing you in to this world!!! In addition, who said you had to spend $45K to be competitive???

I watched Jody Lang take baby steps from bracket to Stock, and later Super Stock...he paid the price and been successful. Do you think that you can go and race in Stock Eliminator in bracket mode and become a champion in a matter of a couple of races???? That to me is total arrogance on your part...like the adage says...grow up...smell the roses and either race with the big dogs, or stay in the porch.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote