View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 12:22 AM   #5
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts
Default Re: 2000 Ford F250 Super Duty truck

Usually just the slide pins -- pistons never stuck----BUT ONLY ALWAYS THE LEFT REAR---never the other 3--- calipers are from the factory-- I bought the truck new-- just pull them apart and lube them then reinstall when replacing the pads--the rear brake line rusted out under the drivers floor about 5 years after the truck was new---there is a clip that holds the line in place fastens to the frame rusted out under that clip ---rest of the line looked perfect -- spliced in a piece of tubing and just replaced it in March 2018 when I redid all of the lines to the rear also flushed out ALL the lines bled all the brakes installed new fluid too---going to put a rebuilt caliper on it tomorrow night after working and pull the right rear down and look at it then --have a caliper for it will see if it is sticking if not no replacement just lube the pins-the only thing I do not buy when I get the caliper is the bracket that mounts the caliper to the housing otherwise its the whole caliper with slide pins

Last edited by FED 387; 11-19-2018 at 12:25 AM. Reason: spelling
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote