View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #17
BRINK

Liked 140 Times in 43 Posts
Default Re: This Week's Two-Cents Worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiBartolomeo View Post
"I think they’re slowly transitioning into entertainment and maybe that’s where the future of the professional end of the sport lies. But at the same time, they’re continuing to push the sportsman racers further out the door."

https://dragracingedge.com/featured-...e-first-event/
John,
Great article, as usual. I certainly agree with all of your observations. The one truth that we all seem to forget, however, is that NHRA needs our entry fees to run their National Events. The money that we all send in advance with our entries helps to cover a large percentage of the costs of these events. Also, it seems that it is becoming increasingly more difficult to attract title rights sponsors for any forms of racing. Large corporations are looking at other venues to advertise and market their products. All the different types of automobile racing are loosing the allure that they once enjoyed. All forms of auto racing are becoming less than politically correct. As a direct result, NHRA now needs our entry fees more than ever. If they didn't, I feel we would all be gone by now.
BRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked