View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #9
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: Stock Suggestion # 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Nees, when you get my age, you need a project. And this is truly a project. But I'm up to the task. The deep breathing is my health tip. I got it from Doc Fudge who I will tell you if you need heart surgery, you need to come here. Give me some help. I'm trying to get out.
Jeff, I am having trouble figuring out whether you want help getting out of your heart surgeons office or out from under this FS muddle. I'd rather bust you out of the Docs office, less messy.
I think that the Factory Stock(for young bucks and old poops who want to pretend they're young bucks) thing is a great show and a good thing for the Sport. I think that a Top(for stubborn old poops) Stock would be a great addition too BUT, ya know, I'm a "rules" guy. I know that sometimes life ain't fair and sometimes the rules ain't fair. I'm pretty sure that your Daddy or Doc Fudge has already explained to you that life may not be fair but it beats the alternative. What would we have for a Stock or SS Eliminator if there weren't any rules? We wouldn't. And they have to apply to everybody whether we like them or not. What would STK/SS be like if there was no AHFS? As badly written as it is, I don't think that we would have the car counts that we do today without it.
IMHO, the only right thing to do would be to run FS and TS as a separate deal which probably won't fly with NHRA, run them like the Hemi Challenge and blend them into the Eliminator after class but with the AHFS in effect for everybody(can't have different rules for different Racers in the same Eliminator no matter how much they want to spend) OR make Indy something completely separate and special and run no AHFS for everybody. If that is the case then there should be NO National Points earned for Indy.
Where's your Docs office, if I leave now and drive all night I can break you out by tomorrow morning, less messy.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote