View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #8
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 983 Times in 299 Posts
Default Re: Etown replacement divisional

We have to remember that we DON'T have to have 7 Divisional Races, we we're some of the very few Divisions to have 7 and right now only D-7 is the only division with 7 races for 2018, everyone else has 6 like D1 will have now and we had 6 for a long time before they expanded to 7 a few years back. I think like Tom said you need to add 1 or 2 D2 or D3 races to your calendar to try to make the 8 if you're running for points or a National Championship. I will say with the lower quotas for National Events it's going to make things very interesting with getting into these events. As far as the National Opens, I really wish they would bring back some type of point series for them to make them a little more valuable in my eyes best 2 out of 3 count that have the .90 classes (Atco, Toronto, Maple) the Opens that have "Combo" .90 races won't count towards the overall points.

If they were to add a 7th I'm not really sure who would be able to host one, I have heard rumors that Empire was dumping a lot of $$$ into their facility for a chance at a Divisional but, they are still IHRA, Numidia as much as I love that place might be too small for a Divisional. Yes, they used to have one in the early 2000's but, the trucks and trailers have expanded by just a few feet, they have a mud pit now on the other side that will prevent some parking and more storage buildings put up from before. We had a .90 race up there in July and we were parked with the regular bracket crew and it was bumper to bumper with about 170 total cars there so it would be cramped with a 300+ car field. Maybe Toronto but, if a 7th is added I see it being a double.

Last edited by BKSG1198; 01-20-2018 at 08:19 PM.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote