View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #3
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts
Default Re: front anti-sway bar

The possibility of driver control improvement was one though I considered. Example, one of the Division four tracks we will attend is the Motorplex in Ennis. At certain times of the year the wind is high in that location. Just beyond the last set of bleachers you can watch cars dart as they encounter the wind blast that was sheltered by the stands.

With a 9 second, small block powered combination handling will be fine, I understand that. I simply am considering the thought. If it held potential for some small handling improvement.

The trigger of this though came as we were tearing down the S - 10 to begin the process of building the super stocker. We removed the front springs then bolted the assembly back together to allow mocking up the ride height I want.

As part of this tear down the factory front anti-sway bar was removed. It gave me the thought, "we now use an rear anti-roll bar, let's consider a front anti-roll bar."

At this time I am considering re-installing the front bar as an experiment. Maybe run it with and without ---

The complete bar and hardware package weights 11 pounds. I do not see that weight nor any resistance created by the bar a problem with this specific combination.

The work continues.