View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
SST159

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Edelbrock Super Victor CNC 2825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Goldman View Post
Drew, I cant say about the SBC manifold, but if it's anything like the BBC version, there is very little beyond the port match and some very minor machining at the carb flange .
The gasket/port match was dead on to my AFR heads ,so that was nice ,but I saw no other benefit other than it saved me the work of matching.
I later did some radius work in the plenum and further matching to the throttle stop base along with completely finishing the runners. this netted about 1/2 MPH .
Overall the base manifold was better than previous non Edlebrock manifolds I ran.
Hey Tom, Happy New Year to you and Kathy.
I have the piece in hand and from what I see the gasket match is dead on to the 1206 gasket. They went in about 1-1.5" on the blend which was nice however I did that to my current one although I would think the C&C is a little more accurate.The Plenum dividers had just a small amount of work done on each entry but nothing real serious. Plus there is a bit of work done at the carb base. I was expecting a lot more. that all being said and comparing to what you found it seems the real advantage of this piece is the port match and some minor touch up. So we Pay them, do it yourself of have someone do it for you. Once I get my old one off I can do some further comparing. As always thanks for the input.