View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #35

Liked 906 Times in 236 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART GAINS MOMENTUM WITH ACCUTIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
IMO Trustart will move S & SS one step closer to et bracket racing. For example, in SS a large percentage of entries run 9.80's to 10.70's. So.... if my combo ran say 10.50 there is an incentive to make it et quicker with the current system. Like upgrade the cylinder heads, try a new converter, cam, tires, etc. With Trustart why bother to spend any extra time or money to improve your performance? Just keep lumbering down the track. It would be a step back of the performance aspect that the class was based on.

I don't think most class racers make their car run farther under the index so they get to be the faster car during eliminations.

I think having a faster car in your class is a matter of pride of having your combo run farther under the index ( or the ability to ), having a better chance when you have a heads up run, and being able to qualify in the top half of the ladder to either avoid a heads up run with a faster car or to be able to move around on the ladder. I recently heard one racer tell me he wants to make his car run faster because he hates being a designated pair.

Not sure if I like trustart or not, but If it comes, we will all deal with it.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote