View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: car numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6point6 View Post
I need to put numbers on my car, I have never done this before as I have been a professional test & tuner for many years. Started to do some bracket racing last season and was told to pick a number and put it on the car for next season. My question is this: why does everyone put thier class and number decals on the side windows? I'm afraid when I roll the window down the decals will get damaged. I know my dial in gets wiped off! (am I the only one this happens to? maybe I have aggressive weatherstripping). I will put a number on the windshield but why not the sail panel instead of thr roll up windows?
I think most people do it this way for 2 reasons.
1. Thats what the NHRA rulebooks states the location should be
2. If you put them on the windows should you have to change/replace vinyl numbers for some reason you wont be taking a chance of ruining your paint job when you change them.

As for picking a number if you plan to goto the div. finals I would just go ahead and get one assigned by NHRA you will have to have it anyways and if you race more than one track you dont have to worry about changing numbers because somone else choose the same number as you.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote