View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #4831
Stewart Way

Liked 70 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

I saw one of Kennys cars at Atlanta Speed Shop. I remember it being the tallest back end I ever saw on a Dart. Still leafs back then. As for the 2 EA's in Atl. The first that Terry Earwood won Indy with has been totally restored as original and was a featured car in BJ Scottsdale this winter but didn't meet the reserve. I talked to the owner before the auction but he didn't say what it was but it was no sale at 1+ M. Who new a $2400 used car would be worth. The second was owned by Mike Bogina but I don't know if it is still in his family since his death.
It was hard to get the 71 convert as heavy as the Mopar claimed so maybe a little weight might have been somewhere in the back half but I don't remember any bondo on rear renders. The interesting rear fenders were on the SS&DI or CarCraft SSDA Cuda that Randy Scott owned. The Legal Eagle. That car had 12.2W's with no frame rail work. E body folks know it won't fit but they did. Randy always said it just took the right offset wheels. Nooooo.