View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 01:04 PM   #5
Demon340

Liked 94 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Trailer tire recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Davenport View Post
Good and cheap is a hard combination as I am sure you know, the local tire store is selling a good number of E rated Firestone TransForce to replace trailer tires and so far none of them have returned in a couple of years. I have seen a good number of them on race trailers also. The new Goodyear Endurance ( not the Marathon !!!! ) is suppose to be the "hot tip" according to the factory rep.........the tread pattern is quite different than what you normally see in order to run cooler, the difference is quite noticeable. Michelin XPS is the unmistakable direction but is way beyond the price range you are looking for along with Firestone commercial trailer tires.
Can you look at a tire and determine if you should replace at a certain point. I heard that there is a mark or a number that tells how old the tire is?
Or is there a good rule to follow? Like replace every 5 years just because of sitting 90% of the time?

Does leaving the trailer loaded and sitting out of the sun... such as car, tools, golf cart, etc. kill the life of the tire?

Thanks, Larry
Demon340 is offline   Reply With Quote