View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #23
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Epping Nationals to have 603 Diesel trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelliher View Post
You have to know how to market.you can throw a lot of money away marketing in wrong direction. that's why you need someone who knows the product and can market it.Plus you need better management in company just like any others.If they can't do that, they are better off selling track to someone who can like Bruton Smith,Badder,or Martel.When I started to go to the track in mid sixtys, they used to fill track every week. But they marketed a lot better then.
Todays car culture is not what it used to be. Most younger guys (but not all) could not care less about drag racing. Cell phones, I phones, I pads, drugs and booze is their bag. My kids are adults (one is 32) now and they do not give a poop about my Corvettes, Hot rod, or my Harley. They never enjoyed going to the races with me when I ran S/S with a Camaro. Its a different world. Just look at the age of most of the Stock and S/S racers today. Could not get them interested in Jr. dragsters either. They were boring to them when they were younger. I sometimes wonder if they are really mine.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote