View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:44 PM   #12
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 940 Times in 259 Posts
Default Re: In search of Jerico Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleydog View Post
If they don't "support" the "racers", who do they sell the transmissions too?
I guess it's like Dodge, after 10 years, good luck getting factory parts.
I phoned Jerico a few days ago, looking for a DR4 mainshaft. They don`t have any, and will not be making anymore. When I asked Scott at Jerico if they did not still have the CNC program for the DR4 parts, his reply was that they have decided not to support the DR4 transmission, and said it was "obsolete". I own 2 DR4s, and have been running a DR4 for 18 years, and have generally be very happy with them. In that time, I have had a transmission parts failure 3 times, which for a race car, I find not too bad at all. What I do find "too bad" is that Jerico apparently turned their backs on the thousands of racers who have supported Jerico by purchasing their transmissions and parts. Until this company decision to leave their loyal customers hanging, I had been very satisfied with my Jerico transmissions. I had been considering buying a new (and much more expensive ) DR4-4 transmission, but if they won`t support me, I`ll be damned if I will give them any more of my money! I asked Scott if I did buy a DR4-4, how do I know that I would be able to buy repair pieces down the road. His reply that would not be a problem , but how can I have any confidence that will be the situation? Personally, I think this move by Jerico will come back to haunt them. Since just about everything in a Jerico was made in house, I do not understand why they chose to not continue producing replacement parts for the DR4.