View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #7
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Out of doors, into dragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchief588 View Post
Bill, you mean a pillow for the trailer? I noticed trouble just loading the car, luckily it had no motor and I had plenty of help to lift the front end and walk it in.I was thinking of the race ramp set-up or if you have any suggestions? It's going to be different, but it should be great. Playing with fuel pump set-up, the fellow before me used a belt drive pump, I have a dry sump set-up so there is already to much stuff in the front. S&W makes a cool bracket to mount a Barry Grant style pump right to the rail, than seat belts and a new cell, had wrap around style belts, they're outdated, was thinking of mounting tabs for bolt in, not sure yet.I really appreciate any info, it really helps, thanks again
I'm not Bill, but maybe I can help...

You need to travel with chassis stabilizer. There are several, but you can check out http://chassisstabilizer.com/products.html.

As for the getting in and out part, many dragster people end up disconnecting the trailer and tilting it up to get the car out without scraping. Some go with longer ramps, and that can help. I have the Pit Pat Ultra Ramps (5' long) because they can slide in and out to handle the car, and the golf cart, etc. But I still have to tilt the trailer some times.

As for belts, we don't have tab mounted belts, we go around the frame tubes.

Hope this helps.