Thread: Cop Tahoes
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts
Default Re: Cop Tahoes

I bought a used 08 that had been an ICE (Immigration)car used in Texas white with the green stripes removed--- lot of miles (over 105,000 )but
it ran good and overall was in good condition some stone chips a few minor dings etc. some small holes in the dash for police radio stuff, for a lot less than a typical used Tahoe would sell for locally--- only problem I had was it had POLICE PACKAGE stuff on it and if you needed to replace something "normal" Tahoe parts a lot of times would not be the same as the POLICE package parts---also my car had a somewhat "plain jane" interior(gray) and almost no chrome etc. on the exterior(white)-- basic heavy duty type of police interior no rips or tears on seats, rubber floor mats no carpeting--- Overall it was a good vehicle replaced brake pads right away when I got ,it tires in about a year and maybe a battery or fan belt later on. I drove it for 6 more years then sold it locally with about 189,000 miles . Towed a flat bed trailer with a car on it or a 19 foot boat occasionally but never for any distance over say 50-75 miles at a time. Would I buy another one maybe but it all depends on mileage and condition --Like when buying any car you have to see the car you cannot buy one sight unseen. FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote