View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #11
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Ford in Comp Eliminator?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Swanson View Post
There are tons of all motor options out there and the Fords do just fine.

The NMRA which is Ford only has Factory Stock (mid - low 11s), Pure Street (mid - low 10s), and Hot Street (8.60s).

The NMCA which is open to all makes, has Mean Street (high 9s, low 10s) and Pro Stock (8.50s - 8.60s) and again the Fords do just fine.

The PSCA has a class that I *believe* is called Hot Street and they run in the 8.20s - 8.30s, Fords have owned it lately.

The RAM Racing series in the Northeast is ALL naturally aspirated, and opps the Fords do OK there too.

The only problem with Fords in Comp Eliminator is that they don't have 1/10 of the R&D that has gone in to the Chevys, and I'm talking V8s. If anyone starts to fund the R&D there's no reason at all the Fords can't hang. The biggest problem is approved heads. The Gusso's have taken a great first step with Kuntz & Co, but they've got a step learning curve ahead of them and I don't think they expect to set the world on fire right away. I do expect them to run respectably.

There's a whole big world out there outside of NHRA!
Jeff: I have been running the NMRA, Hot Street is a great class, but as for that setup in comp. weight to cubes, the cars would have to weigh in at close to 3500# or more. I have been running Open Comp, and its alot of fun, but its still a bracket race. I decided to strap a big ole NOS setup on mine and try to run with the Drag Radial guys. I think the only way a Ford can still be competitive in either Comp or SS racing is to make it a 4 cyl, the 2300 has alot of R&D done on it cause they still use it in midget racing.
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote