View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 11:37 AM   #29
z28camaroman

Liked 92 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: "Stockest" looking Stockers!

I think having the back seat in the car, all NOS parts and the factory remote control side view mirror took me over the edge in this group of awesome cars. All kidding aside, I was humbled to be included here. When I built this car, I basically brought it back from the dead. A good friend of mine bought it brand new at A.D. Anderson Chevrolet in Baltimore. It is one of the 602 factory built Z28s and it's restored back the way it was delivered when it was new. I have all of the original paperwork for the car too. Ray Fairall, the original owner and I used to go head to head back in the early 1970s at Capitol Raceway.

I fell in love with Stock Eliminator back when these cars were new. Just the thought of owning one was no more than a dream when I was in high school. These were factory built race cars which enthusiasts all over the country bought new and used to compete in what is my favorite class, Stock Eliminator. Having the glass ceiling we have to work with makes it very competitive and that's what I loved about the class.

I've always been a stickler for stock appearing cars and this is also how I built my business, Camaro Hi-Performance restoring customer cars back to their original new condition.

The icing on the cake is all the great people in this sport. I look forward to every event. It's just not about winning, it's just about being there and being a apart of the sport that I loved since I was a kid.

Thanks everyone!

Jerry MacNeish, #1710, D/Stock
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dutch Classic, Class Run, 10-10 - Copy.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	48046  
z28camaroman is offline   Reply With Quote