View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 09:21 AM   #22
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2017

Good morning all, we had a steady rain for most of the early morning hours but it has stopped. The stacking area still looks to be in good shape, with well over 200 rigs here.

I have have conflicting reports when they will start to park us. One local official told us he wants to park rigs today, and will do his best to get that done. A source from Glendora tells another story, and no one will be parked today. With 200 plus rigs here already and another 200 plus coming in the next day, how can NHRA possible get everyone parked in a 8 to 10 hour day unless they stay on all night to park. There may be racers missing their first qualifying shot. Combine that with a back up at the credential line on Tuesday and it could make for a frustrating day.

I can not see the reason for this. If its a financial issue, I would be glad to donate the extra dollars for hotels and a days pay for 3 officials. Lets see, minimum wage 7.25 x 8 hours x 3 officials = 174. Hotel, I will go with a nice one, 200 for a suite so we can get all three in there. Transportation, I will through in a 100 each for fuel or what ever else they need. I get a total of 674. I'm sure there are three relativity local NHRA personnel that would be available. I know of one former NHRA official that every single racer would love to have here. In fact Indy will not be the same with out him. Yes I will say it, " The Redman" ... Probably one of the worst moves NHRA could have ever done. Well my rant is over. I like to support NHRA when I can, but with moves like this, its very hard to understand their logic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170828_083123.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	41617  
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote