Old 06-24-2018, 04:48 PM   #450
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts
Default Re: H-I-J '76 Nova re-fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
I don’t know if it’s legal to modify an accepted race seat
It may not be, but here is my thinking... I feel like we did the best we could given the options. #1 I dont like the plastic seats, they crack/break and can be dangerous in a crash. #2 I would rather have a factory seat but it would be more work even yet (see #3). #3 It's really a challenge to get a very small driver comfortable, safe AND effective in a stick car (with tight belts), if this were an auto none of this extra work ($$$) would be necessary. I believe this is the safest option of all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
I do know that both seats MUST be identical....I know they don’t allow cutting the top of the headrest off anymore.....Carry On.....
I can make the seats perfectly identical, but when the covers are on I really don't think it'll be an issue because they'll look identical. With that being said I have seen some things, even with my extremely limited knowledge of the tech process in this class, I was suprised they passed given the info I've seen here.

I'm putting everything here for everyone to see, honestly, had I not put the photos up no one would have been able to tell it was modified when it was all said and done, I do what I do and have nothing to hide. It's my opinion we should be more concerned with the cylinder heads out there than my kids comfy seat! When this is over and I'm on to my next build (whatever that might be) maybe I will have swapped out a seat or two, but one things for sure... me and my kid will have something the NHRA or anyone on this forum can't change.

With that being said... I want to thank you for helping me out, I need all of it I can get.