View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #82
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Making Aluminum Heads Legal for all SuperStockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
The ones we had came in the box and all had the same part numbers on the box. We had to check them to see which were 2,14 and which were 2.08. Have you tried to get them lately?
Nope we only need the 1 set for Ron's SSer. Next time on Bischoff's dyno we hope to clip the 800HP mark. Not a bogus number same dyno that many other SSers including Stacy's. Getting Grandpa to let her loose is a different story! (I tried to post pictures but the files are too big, look on my picture album.)

I have been through the process of trying to get alum heads approved for my Pontiac. NHRA has very tough guidelines for approving heads. The E-heads are virually identical to my 455SD heads, but they would not allow them because the combustion chamber numbers werent close enough to the stock 455SD heads. Dont think they will allow you to scoop them out cause they wont. Their exact words were that they werent going to allow us to make our own combustion chamber.

The reason you cant allow alum heads to be on all SSers is that you will have engines with passenger car HP ratings have the capability of high performance horsepower results. With the abortion done to the CC rules with some people getting 10, 20, up to 30 ccs extra, you can possibly get a 200HP rated motor making over 600 HP. Ooooops!! That has already happened!!!!!!!!!(about 5 motors I can think of probably more).

With the unscientific method of the AHFS and its slow correction factors....it will take 20 years to get them in line, then they all stop getting hit way before it is realistically finished. By design the AHFS keeps the bogus motors all at the top.

Last edited by Lynn A McCarty; 10-25-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Lynn A McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote