View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #31
David Daulton

Liked 19 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: How much does the Purse have to be to get you to race?

Hey Barry,
Sounds like you have a good thing in the making.
To your original question regarding purse, it has been my experience in the class/combo races I have been involved with here in Ohio (division 3) that entry and payout have very little effect on car count. I really believe we could have let racers (I'm talking NHRA regulars) in for free & they wouldn't have come. There are some that will just about always show up and just as many that will not come regardless. To get to the later group I think you would have to be at a purse of ten grand or more to get them to consider coming to the track. I think that continuing to promote the race as a great opportunity to honor Dave and Alan as couple of respected friends and racers and have a great time racing is the way to go. Invest in some really unique trophies/awards that racers that knew Dave and/or Alan would really want to win. I wish you all the best and I believe that you are on track to having a really nice, fun and competitive event that in the end will be a great tribute to a couple of great long time class racers.

Dave.
Liked