View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #18
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts
Default Re: Nhra stock class record database

I have had a couple of conversations with respected authorities in the field and this seems like something that is way overdue. I will begin working on this soon, but it may take me a few weeks to get the structure built and set up for the website since I am working 10-12 hours a day for the next week and then going to visit my daughter in Austin TX the week after that. I will also build a process the website to submit valid information so that I don't have to chase down all the data.

At this time, I am considering NHRA records only, but it may expand in the future. I am considering only allowing copies of actual record certificates or copies of Nat Dragster pages. The data will be in database form with search capabilities by driver name, class, car year-make-model and filters by date range, location and car year-make.

I may also store the record certificate images and link them to the database record, depending how much storage that will take (website hosts charge for how much space used on their servers).

This will also be a great platform to document the history of the development of the classes.

I am open for suggestions and help. The data entry will be a huge job! It took me over five years off and on to enter all the data for the classification database.

Dwight Southerland