View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
SwillRacer

Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Default Foxbody Stocker/Bracket Racer

All,

Here is what I'll be wrenching on in the coming months/years. I'll be taking this 1989 foxbody 5.0 and turning in to a bracket car for the near term and a M/S or M/SA stocker after that. I've owned this car since 1994. It was spotless when I bought it and only had 32k miles on the clock. I drove it as my D/D for about 5 years and then on/off for another 5 years, or so, as I cycled through various other D/D's and a full-on NMRA drag race car. I've always wanted to turn this car in to a racer but starting a family has meant no time for wrenching and it has lived in my garage on stands for the last 5 years only being driven once or twice a year.

Nothing much special to see here. Just your run-of-the-mill 5.0 with about 120,000 miles that probably nobody on this website will much care about. She's got some rust, but is far being a piece of swiss cheese. All the usual bolt-on mustang mods have been on this car at one time or another: headers, off-road x-pipe, sub-frame connectors, U/L control arms, NOS 150hp dry kit, B&M ripper shifter, H/D cobra clutch, black magic fan, under drive pulleys, 3.73 gears, K&N, msd 6al, removed the a/c (which was stupid)., etc. On a pair of 8.5-inch slicks she went as fast as 12.21 @ 113 on the bottle at around 3400lbs w/my 225lbs in the driver seat.

I'll start out with some 'before pics'.

Last edited by SwillRacer; 12-24-2012 at 03:11 PM.
SwillRacer is offline   Reply With Quote