View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 11:42 PM   #4
67champ

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Starting problems...

A bit of an update here. I ended up having to replace my relay often, so I finally had someone smart look at it.

I don't completely understand all the issues. However, the person that fixed it said, I had a lot of bad wiring (some wiring too small diameter, Not grounded properly, less than great butt connectors, wires that had been very hot at one time or another, etc.). Also, he explained the mirco neutral switch is just a "on" or "off" kind of deal and didn't agree that I needed the relay. He said the relay was kind of a band-aid in this case. Oh, he said I was getting less than 9 volts when he got the car, and now getting over 12 volts after he finished.

He installed a lot of new wires and thicker wires, put a ford type solenoid in the passenger side of the car (away from the heat), and a couple new grounds, and wired things properly (ie: per best practices).

The result is that the car cranks and starts great now! ANd, starts and runs better when cold. This was just finished about a month ago... Can't wait to run this thing next year without having to worry every time if it is going to crank or not!
67champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked