View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #18
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts
Default Re: Fury - WWII Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
It's not very historically correct. Typical hollywood embellishment and many military equipment innaccuracies. But if you like blood,guts and big booms it will do.

Ed F,
Student of WWII armaments.
What Inaccuracies? I'm curious. I have a friend who helped as a tech advisor on that movie.

I liked that movie. There aren't to many movies about WW2 being made in this day and age, so when you get one like this you appreciate it for what it is. The fact that they used a real working Tiger 1 tank makes it cool. There has never been one used in a movie before FURY. In fact there are only about 2 functioning ones in existence at this time. Plus 3 working Sherman's in the same movie is rare as well. Compared to the early movies that we all love. PATTON, THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE, THE LONGEST DAY, KELLY'S HEROES and ect this movie had more historically accurate equipment and weapons then any of those made. Saving Pvt Ryan was a great movie, and the benchmark for all WW2 movies. The tanks on the German side were Russian T34's converted to look like Tiger tanks for that movie. Fury is the benchmark for WW2 movies featuring armor. The last battle scene was a bit over the top with the SS. No movie is perfect. Fury was pretty good in my opinion.

Last edited by Todd Hoven; 12-04-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Todd Hoven is offline   Reply With Quote