View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Cool Re: Fury - WWII Movie

I understand what you're saying,,, my dad and some uncles were in WWII and they preferred not to talk about their experiences also, but its Hollywood's job to produce a product that the public will want to watch, whether its 3 guys chasing a shark, an alien wanting to phone home, a caped crusader fighting a homicidal maniac or a tank crew holding off the enemy deep behind enemy lines. Most movies will have some inaccuracies, especially to some who are passionate about a given topic, (How about Snake & Mongoose?) but for the most part I believe they strive for accuracy in films such as this one. Theres a movie coming after the first of the year called American Sniper, about our country's most celebrated( probably not the best choice of words) sniper for the last few years from conflicts in the middle east. I'm sure many of us will go see it,, I know I will, maybe not so much for the entertainment value, but for perhaps an understanding and/or education of what our guys are going through over there. Seeing the movie Fury was also just that for me. I'm not sticking up for it, just stating that I enjoyed it.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote