Old 02-21-2021, 01:30 PM   #19
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
MSD grid system .race park. System
Can I ask why this is ok in stock or super stock?
Can of worms. I don’t own one.
But it does have timing adjustment ...traction control?
and I believe GPS.
Or something to the effect of plotting your run down the track
On a no computer car easy to check.
Late model 2008 or newer car.
Needle in a haystack
Oh yes people are cheating in plain site. But it’s ok
MSD. Motec. Racepak. If you one of these
James,

Yes, you can map the timing on the MSD Grid to each individual cylinder and more.

As DG explained earlier, there are a lot of different ways that you do so, especially with the high end ECU systems and their interface with the MSD Grid and Racepak data.

I did a brief stint as the Chief Engineer of a shop that built racing engines for Trophy Trucks, ATV's, UTV's and also prepared them to off road races.

We used probably every ECU available in the market depending on the customer choice. All I can say is that with the higher end systems like Motec, Entrom, BS3 and Holley, you can basically have the vehicle do whatever you please and do it in a discrete way that tech will not know what is taking place. It also requires the tuner to know what he is doing and have knowledge of the type of racing too. As an example, with the high end Trophy Trucks, we had barometric pressure sensors that would change the tune of the engine almost instantly for higher elevations and change the tune at lower elevations. Of course, the high end Trophy Trucks cost a lot more than a Pro Stock when they are race ready.

I strongly believe this same issue took place in Pro Stock with the advent of EFI and why the dissimilar performance among teams until others started catching up.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked